Monday, January 12, 2009

My one little word

At the end of 2008, Ali Edwards challenged her readers to embrace One Little Word for 2009. In typical Cheryl fashion, I'm a bit behind schedule. Not rising to the occasion on time would normally cause me to berate myself, but I'm not going to do that.

Who am I and what have I done with Cheryl, you ask?

I'm the lady embracing the word RELAX this year.


Graphic created at Wordle.

So what is it going to take for me to live up to my one little word? Acting totally and completely against my nature.

Just kidding... Well, half kidding.

To truly relax this year, I need to create more realistic goals/expectations for myself, learn to say NO, and remember to make time for me.

Now to begin the celebration of my one little word, I'm going to push the stressors from my mind and go unwind with a good book. Here's to a relaxing year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Yesterday I took TWO naps on the couch! Each one about an hour. It was HEAVEN. The girls destroyed the house (daddy was at the fire station), but OH WELL. It was worth every minute it took to clean it up. :) Enjoy!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

You deserve it!
Yesterday, I started taking 1 hour 'mommy breaks' at 3pm! I put on their fave movie and I'll do whatever I feel will help me relax until I have to start making dinner :) It's work for 2 days now... I wonder how long it'll last ;)