Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dear Neighbor

Hi Neighbor,

We've never actually met. In fact, we probably couldn't pick each other out of a lineup. Still, I need to apologize for the man sniffing around your property today. It was the result of good intentions, I swear.

As I was listening to my Twilight soundtrack and reading Wide Awake hard at work, I noticed a few puffs of smoke out my window. With your truck parked only feet away, I assumed it was your exhaust even though I couldn't see anyone in it (cars up here are started with remote controls - seriously!).

I went back to reading my Twilight-inspired smut work, not giving it another thought. Until I saw huge puffs of smoke out my window. It looked like it was coming from the front window in your house. I thought surely your house was on fire, and I feared that it wouldn't be long before ours caught fire, too you could be in danger. I stopped the IM conversation I was now having with my boss friend, and yelled to Hubby.

Me: Hubby! I think our neighbor's house is on fire!
Hubby: (coming to window) That does look like a lot of smoke. Should I go over there?
Me: Yes, I don't want our house to go up in flames next am so worried about the safety of our neighbors!

Thus commenced the unusual activity you might have seen had you looked out your window. The stranger lurking on your property... The stranger sniffing your house...

How was I supposed to know that the roaring fire blazing through my mind, about to take out all the houses on our street was really just the exhaust from your dryer?

9 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I needed a good chuckle today! ;)
LOL! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! You are too funny- this is definitely something that would happen to me- not because i'm a nosy neighbor but ANYTHING can happen!!!

XOXO
Sara

Amy said...

Funny!!!

Jenny said...

This just tickles me pink! I'm so glad you wrote this little diddy! :) Too funny!

Jess said...

Oh this is great! I have actually had that happen to me too.

MelB said...

HAHAHAHA...great post! I love your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
I'm sorry I misplaced your email address. I think for this week we'll keep it ATC's Tags or Bookmarks just to get a feel of things for this challenge. Altered items and absolutely anything will come up next time! Next week's challenge is absolutely anything!!!

Any time you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us directly :)

Have a great day and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

XOXO
Sara

Jen Shults said...

LOL, that's too funny. At least your husband went... mine would have sent me over. :D

April said...

Cute!! Just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you a cute little Friendship Blogger Award! Go check out my blog for the details. ~april