Sunday, May 02, 2010

Set It Sunday


New to Set It Sunday? Click here to read the motivation behind the meme.

Take a Second Glantz

Good morning! I can't believe it's already May, but the upside is that it's finally starting to feel a bit like spring here. With it light in the morning and light at night, weekly productivity has increased tenfold, and I love it!

Share It

How did everyone do this week? Cheri, I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of your shower curtain!  :)

My week went really well.
  1. Send my queries to the two magazines I researched. After doing a few hours of additional research, I actually ditched the two magazines I previously found and was pleased to send what I think was a really well-written query to one market that is about as perfect a fit as I can get for the article. 
  2. Go through at least one box of paperwork to sort, scan, organize, and shred. Can we say spring cleaning? I sorted, but I quickly realized that I'm not yet ready to digitize, the main reason being I'm unclear as to what I need to keep and what is safe to ditch. Does anyone know that magic number of years you're supposed to keep your bills, statements, etc.? Or does anyone know of a reliable website with that info?
  3. I am far from reaching the 25,000-word goal of #yafrenzy, but I think I can reach a grand total of 10,000 words by the end of the month if I really work at it, so that's what I'm going to attempt to do. Cue choir of angels: I reached a grand total of 10,980 words! I have so much more to say about the achievement of this goal, so look for a blog post about it in the near future.
Set It
  1. Remember all those digital layouts I created during LOAD last May and this February? Like all my digital pictures from the past year, they're sitting on my computer for minimal viewing pleasure. In honor of National Scrapbooking Day weekend, I'm finally going to get those puppies printed and put into their rightful Library of Memories albums for maximum viewing pleasure.
  2. I owe an article to 24/Savvy, so that's on my agenda for the week.
  3. Make a commitment to Booking Mama's 2010 EW Summer Books Challenge to get my nose back in the books. Speaking of... the new Sookie Stackhouse book will be in my hands this time on Tuesday - SQUEE!
  4. I'm at the point in my WIP (work in progress) where I need to revisit the timeline. It's tedious, but necessary work.
I think that's more than enough to keep me out of trouble for one week, no? What are your personal goals this week? Feel free to play along on your blog, or let us know in the comments. Whatever you decide to focus on, I hope this first week of May is a fantastic one for you!

Want to join me in focusing more time on a personal goal this week? Grab the button below, and leave a comment with the link to your blog post.
Take a Second Glantz
 Copy and Paste Code
 

1 comment:

Kisha said...

How do you know so much about the professional side of writing books-timelines and such? Have you gone to workshops or are you self taught? I know nothing except sitting down with a word processor and a glass of wine:)