Thursday, September 02, 2010

These are a few of my fave Cola things

Today marks our one-month anniversary of living in "Cola." To commemorate the occasion, I thought I'd pay homage to a few of my favorite things that I couldn't enjoy back in Johnstown.


Ah, sweet tea. When you say it down here, they bring you a nice, cold, wonderful beverage that I would swim in if I could. News flash, North: unsweetened ice tea with a packet of sugar is not, never has been, and never will be the same as sweet tea.


Publix sushi. PUBLIX. I'm sorry, Bi-Lo and Giant Eagle, you just don't know how to treat a girl who enjoys eating things like sushi and Tofurky. Publix, I will never again move somewhere that requires me to cheat on you. It was an unsatisfying affair. Thank you for taking me back.


Pinkberry wannabes. Our city is so hip, we actually have two probiotic frozen yogurt places. Dairy Queen, I love you. I've loved you a long time. And truthfully, I always will. But every once in a while, a girl wants a treat that's not going to leave her feeling guilty. Yogen Fruz gets it (and my money).




Shopping! Lots and lots of shopping! And all within a ten-minute drive. Mountains are pretty, but they can't clothe you. 300 acres of stores? That can clothe you.

Oh, South, you're just as wonderful as I remembered. Let's make a promise to never leave each other again.

3 comments:

~Kristen~ said...

You "sound" so happy!!! That makes me happy!!! Glad to see you back to blogging!!! :-)

Erin said...

Ahh, sweet tea! And when you order "tea," they know you mean sweet!

Some of my favorite restaurants: Blue Marlin (Vista), Motor Supply Company (Vista), Villa Tronco (Downtown), Harpers (5 Points.)

Enjoy!

Leigh said...

The South is so happy you are back!! ***giant hugs*** I swear I can breathe easier knowing you're only a few hours away. xoxo