Sunday, July 17, 2011

Set It Sunday: Less Thinking, More Doing

New to Set It Sunday?
Click here to read the motivation behind the meme.

Take a Second Glantz

Copy and Paste Code

Share It
Future Me, now Present Me, is happy to see a few thoughts blogged this week. They weren't necessarily the posts I had intended, but they are posts nonetheless, and I think they may have gotten me back on the blogging horse, so to speak.

Set It
Today during lunch, a girlfriend and I had a great think session, in which we each wrote down all the things we want to be doing that we aren't. We talked through our lists with each other to identify our priorities, discussed different strategies for achieving our goals, and then chose one action item that we would complete before having lunch again next weekend. As we were talking, she pointed out something that I already knew from reading my last couple of blog posts: I need to do less thinking and more doing. Analyzing can be a useful tool, but not when it takes the place of doing.

No surprise, the item on my list that revealed itself as my top priority is writing. I know what I need to do to make it happen because I did it successfully once before. Now it's just a matter of doing it. I'm going to reinstate my morning writing sessions and write every single day this week, no exception. It doesn't matter if it's a blog post, an article submission, a private journal entry, or *gasp* a scene for my long-neglected novel - I just have to write. And write I will.

Want to join me in focusing more time on a personal goal?
Grab the button above and leave a comment with the link to your blog post.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

you CAN do this Cheryl!