Friday, August 05, 2011

#SummerBlogSocial: Waxing Philosophical

It has been so nice meeting new bloggy friends through this #SummerBlogSocial, as well as connecting with old bloggy friends that I haven't talked to nearly enough this summer. I'm looking forward to making (notice I didn't say "finding") time this weekend to travel the blogosphere and catch up with all of you.

Thank you so much for the supportive comments on Monday's post. They meant a lot, and they actually bring me to today's blog post.



  • What are your overriding goals for your blog and social media presence?
  • As you reflect back on your time blogging, tweeting and Facebooking, what has surprised you most?
  • What 1 aspect of blogging and social media is your favorite?

My favorite part of blogging and social media (not surprisingly, nor uncommonly) is the community I've found through both. It was such a surprise to learn that I could become close to people I had never before met in person, but that's exactly what's happened through my blog, Facebook, and Twitter. Whether I'm tweeting with a "virtual friend"about the latest Twilight movie, being buoyed by reading her supportive blog comments, or giggling with her about her latest Facebook post, I know that THIS is the reason I (attempt to) keep it up, even during those times (like this one) when it feels impossible. This is also the reason that my goal is simply to keep doing it. So what if I'm never the next Mama Dooce? The friendships I've made and continue to make far outweigh virtual fame and glory.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have loved meeting blogging friends too.

I loved finding out that you are in South Carolina too.

Liz said...

Thanks for joining in! I think community is such a big part of blogging!

Missy | Literal Mom said...

The community is the best. So many wonderful people to meet and share with!

Kelly Miller said...

Forming friendships is definitely the best part of blogging. It's wonderful to meet so many people who have experiences like mine.

Brittany said...

For some reason when I read your last post I thought the Summer blog Social was a blog conference. 0.o, sorry lol. What I get for reading blogs on tiny phone screen -_-.
I enjoyed reading your responses; made me think about my goals and what I enjoy most about blogging.