Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving thanks

Sometimes I think it's the not-so-great year (I'm looking at you, 2011) that deserves the most gratitude. There are always people and things for which to be grateful...

...for loved ones old and new, near and far
...for loved ones gone but never forgotten
...for health, both physical and mental
...for a roof over our heads and food in our bellies
...for the knowledge that things could always be much worse and faith that they'll get better
...for finally seeing glimpses of myself after spending most of the year not feeling like me at all
...and, of course, for all of you.
image source
I know that I have been MIA much more than I've actually been present in the virtual social stratosphere this year, but you all have been patient, loyal, understanding companions through my fits and starts. All it takes is reading one of your blog posts to remember that I'm in good company in this crazy thing called life. Thanks for being a supportive force in my world. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: