Monday, April 01, 2013

A Fresh Start

No foolin' - it's really me!

image source
Thus far, 2013 has been "The Year of Sick" (for both me and my computer), and while it feels like the only balancing I've been doing is between doctors' appointments and pill bottles (and external hard drives), the end of March shone a light at the end of the tunnel. Though it's hard to grasp that we are now one-fourth of the way through what still seems like the new year, I'm happy for a new month and a new season with which to give myself a fresh start (or restart, as the case may be).

I think the universe often finds a way to tell us what we need to hear. Glennon Doyle Melton on her Today Show appearance this morning emphasized the importance of showing up and talked about focusing on "grabbing a couple great moments a day" as opposed to feeling guilty for not enjoying every moment.

So here I am, showing up. No apologies, no guilt, no real plan. Just putting one foot in front of the other, typing one letter after another, trying to grab a couple of great moments along the way.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Woo Hoo! Welcome back and Happy Spring. Hope this means that all illness (both human and computer) are now behind you!