Wednesday, January 31, 2007

icons of our time

My blog is getting dusty and because I don't want this to be one more thing that I start and don't follow through on, I am compelled to post tonight. It's a random thought because I don't have anything significant to say, but I believe this could start an interesting conversation (that is, if I actually give people the link to this thing).

Elvis. People are still mourning him. To this day, some people are still in denial about his death. Does our generation (meaning 20-something to 40-something) have an iconic celeb whose death would send us wailing? My husband, friend, and I discussed this in great length this evening and weren't able to come up with a person whose death might have the same effect that Elvis's did. Is it because celebs are more-often-than-not just a "flash in the pan" these days? Is it because there are so many of them invading our TVs and iPods on a daily basis? Is it because celebs don't hold the same status of royalty that they once did? If you are reading this, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

American Idol calls...

No comments: