Monday, August 31, 2009

A helping hand

So many of you were generous in your efforts to help me raise money for the Memory Walk (we reached our goal with three weeks to spare--rock on! or maybe I should say walk on?) that I wanted to return the favor.

MonicaMcNeill's family is sponsoring a virtual food drive to benefit the North Texas Food Bank. The story behind her efforts is truly inspirational. I feel better knowing that the future is in the hands of children like hers.

Cathy Zielske has started a Scrapbookers for Clean Water campaign (but you, of course, don't need to be a scrapbooker to donate). I love that she's using her celebrity within the blogosphere for such a great cause.

So if you have a few bucks to spare this week, please head on over to their sites and help them out.

Kudos, ladies, and best of luck with your efforts!

No comments: