Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sketchy

I came across this great Ning community the other day: 52 sketches...52 weeks. Sketches are a wonderful way to 1) get pages done in a timely manner and 2) explore designs that are out of your "norm." Sketch #10 immediately appealed to me (I love mixing rectangles and circles).



This sketch did double-duty for me as I made both a scrapbook LO and a card. Sweet! Here's my take on it (click the pictures to enlarge).


Supplies: papers, Provo Craft Rob & Bob Studio; tag, Paper Reflections; flower, Prima Fabric Fancies; brad, SEI Doodley-Doo Girl


Supplies: green card stock, unknown; patterned paper, Basic Grey Gypsy; chipboard alphabet and accents, Heidi Swapp

I'm looking forward to trying out a few more sketches from this site.

4 comments:

~Kristen~ said...

LOVE both the layout and card! Thanks for sharing that site! I will be checking it out for sure. Another good one is PageMaps!

Margie said...

Awesome takes on that sketch!
Love your layout! and the card is so bright and cheery!!!
Great job :*)

Amy said...

That card is adorable! How fun!

Sara said...

Too cool! I love the sketch and your creations :)

TFS!

xoxo
sara