Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sketchy

I came across this great Ning community the other day: 52 sketches...52 weeks. Sketches are a wonderful way to 1) get pages done in a timely manner and 2) explore designs that are out of your "norm." Sketch #10 immediately appealed to me (I love mixing rectangles and circles).



This sketch did double-duty for me as I made both a scrapbook LO and a card. Sweet! Here's my take on it (click the pictures to enlarge).


Supplies: papers, Provo Craft Rob & Bob Studio; tag, Paper Reflections; flower, Prima Fabric Fancies; brad, SEI Doodley-Doo Girl


Supplies: green card stock, unknown; patterned paper, Basic Grey Gypsy; chipboard alphabet and accents, Heidi Swapp

I'm looking forward to trying out a few more sketches from this site.

4 comments:

~Kristen~ said...

LOVE both the layout and card! Thanks for sharing that site! I will be checking it out for sure. Another good one is PageMaps!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awesome takes on that sketch!
Love your layout! and the card is so bright and cheery!!!
Great job :*)

Amy said...

That card is adorable! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Too cool! I love the sketch and your creations :)

TFS!

xoxo
sara