Today's question on the Great Books Week Blog Tour is:
If I were stranded alone on a deserted island with only seven books to read over the next few years, I would like to have…
This is almost a no-brainer for me. Disclaimer: this prompt didn't ask for the best-written books ever read. I have already admitted that some of my favorite books are not well written.
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
- Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (If she finishes Midnight Sun before I go to the island, I'd like to take that instead, please.)
- The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare by William Shakespeare (I argue that this isn't cheating since the prompt says books and not stories.)
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien (I actually haven't read this one yet. I figure being stranded on an island finally leaves me with no excuse not to read it. And it can't hurt to have a bit of Aragorn with me. ☺)
Which 7 books would you bring?