Saturday, April 03, 2010

Have yourself a savvy little Passover...

Okay, it doesn't have quite the same ring as "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," but I'm sick, so cut me some slack.

While the main purpose of Passover is to honor the Exodus from Egypt, I view the holiday as a big cooking challenge. Like Iron Chef.

"Chef Cheryl, your secret ingredient is matzo. How many edible dishes can you make with this tasteless cracker?"

I've made matz n' cheese, matzagna, matzodillas, matzza, matzwiches, and matzffins (in addition to the more traditional staples, like matzo brie, matzo ball soup, etc.). I've gotten so into the challenge, that I even wrote an article about it this year in hopes of inspiring the next generation of Passover Iron Chefs.



If you're celebrating Passover, Chag Sameach! If you're celebrating Easter, happy Easter! And if you're celebrating neither, have a great weekend!

If you're interested in the specifics of any of my matzo creations, give me a shout. I'm happy to share!

1 comment:

foxygknits said...

Happy Passover! I am just popping over from the Tea Party. Although I don't drink tea, I brought a cup of coffee. Checked out your etsy site and signed up to be notified when you reopen. I am now also following you on twitter. And I can't thank you enough for your coppyright widget that I have now signed up for and installed. If you have the chance, I am foxygknits on etsy, foxygknits on twitter and foxygknits on facebook. Stop by and visit!